[balloon-makers] personal history/confession

Sandy Hixenbaugh sandyh at nauticom.net
Tue Apr 17 09:53:48 CDT 2001

Looking at the total weight of the system it looks like a few critical items
weren't factored in the total weight of the system. Such as:
Cables, that heavy crown ring you all have been discussing, velcro,
carabiners, rapide links, drop line or crown line, centering cords, red
line.  Weight seems to add up so fast.

I have to agree with Phil about adding another 3,000 cu. ft. to the volume.
I haven't looked at your spreadsheet for your design, but have you factored
in the area you are losing from the mouth of the balloon to the to the point
of the cone if you were using smalley numbers.
When sewing the 50,000 I didn't think about that, but we're planning on
building a smaller balloon and will certainly adjust the volume
proportionately.

Sandy Hixenbaugh