[balloon-makers] How to swage? (Nicopress)

phillip macnutt macnutt at jump.net
Sat Apr 28 08:25:43 CDT 2001

Do you have the big bolt cutter looking kind, or the small handle held model
with 2 bolts?

If you have the hand held, you should probably pitch it and get the "real"
one.

Each sleeve size uses a different number of swages (squeezes).  A 3/32 uses
2 I believe.  A 3/16 uses 4.

Sailers usually use 2 sleeves because of the extreme shock loads they get
during sailing.

I believe I have video of a swaging operation.  Maybe I can quicktime it and
post it.