[balloon-makers] How to swage? (Nicopress)

Curtis Pack cpackdo at citynet.net
Mon Apr 30 05:01:52 CDT 2001

Tom,
Use the National Telephone Swager Tool. I have many experiences with making
up cables
for ultralights. Go with the real tool and correct swages. You will not be
sorry no matter
how much of a problem it is to get or borrow the correct one.
Accept no substitutes. You should proof load your cables also if possible.
This is often the most difficult
part ( it is hard to find someplace to hang 700 or so pounds).Check with the
local EAA chapter
and they'll usually know where you can borrow the swager.
Curtis