[balloon-makers] Radio Shack

Curtis Pack cpackdo at citynet.net
Fri Jul 6 06:07:00 CDT 2001

Paul,
     Over the past weekend I bought a digital meat thermometer with remote
probe at Lowes for $19.00 .It uses a remote probe ( approx 2 feet long and
has a range from 20 to 350 degrees F ). It even has a settable max temp
alarm and timer. We will try it out in the model balloon and if it looks
promising I will use it for my balloon.  Its' sampling time appears to be
about 2 seconds but seems to have adequate response from what I can tell in
the kitchen experiments so far. The probe plugs into the meter with a mini
plug jack so it should be easy to lengthen the wires. I should know
something this weekend on how it functions.
     I am glad someone else enjoys catalog surfing. Thanks for the tip,
I'll stop in there to get the plugs I need.
Fly safe,
Curtis