[balloon-makers] velcro lawn darts

richardr at aopa.net richardr at aopa.net
Tue Jul 31 20:08:05 CDT 2001

Greg Winker wrote:
But I can't imagine anyone wanting to use them, given a choice.  I
never really warmed up to them.

The advantage of a spring top is its simplicity, no pulleys,
centering cords etc.  All of the advantages of a velcro top with less
maintenance. And even my crew can put it together.

  The vent on my spring top is another story, it's about
as useful as a fart in a windstorm.  I would prefer a who-who vent,
at least it was a crowd pleaser ().

Richard

aopa.net
The official e-mail service of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
Visit AOPA Online at http://www.aopa.org