[balloon-makers] Fabric Suppliers - Westmark?

Jonathan Wolfe jwolfe2917 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 17:34:21 CDT 2001

Thanks for the reply Rat (and everyone else too).
I think I'll go ahead and order 100 yards of it
(Kenyon)for the top of the balloon.

To answer your other question, yes, they sent me a
sample of 60" 1.1 oz calendared fabric (the same stuff
I built Julia Dream out of) and they're selling it for
3.60 a yd. (More then the heavier urethaned stuff,
but you never quite get what you pay for...)
It's beautiful fabric, but I'm not sure how ideal
it is for balloons. I have only about 80 hours on
Julia, and I'm frightened she might be getting more
porous. Hard to say though, as it's getting warmer,
and maybe my friends are getting heavier, I dunno.
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Of
course I want her to last forever, which won't happen.

Brian seems to have had good experience with it.
I'd go with the silicone stuff though (unless you
want to tiedye it:)  The best thing about the fabric
is how easy it is to pack up and carry - Julia, a
50,000 c.f. envelope weighs only 69 lbs.

-Jonathan

P.S. I'll post some progress photos one of these days.
It really is breathtaking. Thanks for the interest,
all who replied privately.