[balloon-makers] Gas race

Tim Baggett tim at acca.nmsu.edu
Tue Oct 9 12:59:23 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

Sorry for being so quiet. It's been quite an experience working the
command center. Between being both busy, and events, I haven't had a
chance.

Three of the four gas balloons landed Monday night in Wisconsin (Beaver
Dam, Madison, and Black River Falls) for a flight distance around 1000
miles. They were entering a unfavorable weather.

The final team chose a route that kept them more southerly, so they got to
fly an additional night. They landed Tuesday morning near Columbus Ohio
for a distance of about 1400 miles I guess.

Tim