[balloon-makers] Re:Experimental Balloon and Airship Meet 2002 - CANCELLED

Ron Cassidy roncassidy at mediaone.net
Sun Oct 21 18:19:03 CDT 2001

Greetings Louise, Brian, & other list members:
  I'd like to "publicly" express my sincere appreciation to Louise and Brian
Boland for their untiring contributions to the amateur balloon builder
community. You'll likely never fully appreciate  the profound impact you've
had on the ballooning community. Thanks for being an inspiration, a mentor,
and most of all, a friend.
  I, like so many other builders, have many fond memories of the EBA Meet. I
was there for every meet,  from the first to the last.
  I've sleep on the floor in the pilot lounge, in a tent, in a pop-up
camper, in a motor home, in a hotel and at a $150/night bed & breakfast.
  I laid awake for hours listening to the church bell tick off the early
morning hours. Waiting with overwhelming anticipation for the day to begin.
  I was there when Kevin flew the little balloon inside Tom's 250K. I was
there when the Geo Metro flew. I helped fly the gazebo onto the roof. I
helped sew the lava lamp balloon. I was there when the port-o-let flew. And
I was there when the submarine few.
  I've had some of my best flights from Post Mills. I've had one of my worse
flights from Post Mills.
  I've had the best of times with the best of friends. I've made the best of
friends at Post Mills.
  We haven't done it all at Post Mills but we've come close. If we never
have another meet at Post Mills, that's ok with me. It's been a good run.
  Ron Cassidy