[balloon-makers] F111, Soarcoat and fabric weight

Mike & Tammie skyfun at ncia.net
Tue Oct 23 13:19:25 CDT 2001

Roland and all,
If my memory serves me correctly and it doesn't always do that, I believe
that F-111 is a trade name of the Harris company. They made or may still
make fabrics for the parachute industry. I think F-111 then just became the
common name for calendared ripstop nylon just as kleenex became a common
name for tissue.  I could be all wrong about this but I'm SURE someone will
tell me if I am....

By the way, if there is a vote on where the homebuilt crowd should get
together once a year....  I vote to keep it in VERMONT!!

Mike Lavoie
N678TM
"Fugly"