balloon-makers Trying out the new list

Greg_Winker at Dell.com Greg_Winker at Dell.com
Tue Aug 6 14:22:57 CDT 2002

Yes, that was my smiling face in Ballooning.  Willie and I are all set to do
it again this year.  Only two more months to wait!

I expect to have some photo's of the completed model in the next week or
two, I'll see if I can get one or two posted on my website.
www.BalloonWinker.com   I can see the curvature of the individual gores by
holding a section of the balloon several gores wide.  I'm hopeful it will
look like the real thing when it's inflated.

The model is 1/10th scale by dimension.  That mean's it is a 1/1000th scale
by volume (1/10th cubed), or 90 ft3.  I suppose it might be light enough to
fly on hot air.  More to follow.

Good Floating!

Greg Winker

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis Pack [mailto:cpackdo at citynet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 4:01 PM
To: Greg_Winker at exchange.dell.com; balloon-makers at mu.org
Subject: Re: balloon-makers Trying out the new list

Greg,
I noted your sleeping face ( that was you wasn't it ?) in Ballooning
magazine. Nice photos from what must have been an exciting trip.
I am continuing to follow leads on the early Roth/Goodyear ballooning
handbook ( no luck at EAA or Dayton) but new leads from NE Ohio.
See if you can get some pictures of your model ( is that 1/10 scale
volume!!! or linear ?).
(Jon R. I have a sketch of the pattern but no way to scan it in. Boland 41-8
with all royal blue(1.9) panels with the parachute and the mouth panels tan
(1.9)).
Fly safe,