[balloon-makers] Sewing Machines

Marc Weniger marcpw9 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 06:58:53 CDT 2002

Hello everyone. I am new to the list and thought I would comment on the
sewing machines. I am just about finished with my first balloon a 32,000 and
am about ready to build my second a 54,000. When I was looking for sewing
machines I realized that you can get a decent new machine for just a bit
more than a 50 year old one. My machine is a Brother LT2 Mark II. It has an
automatic oiling system and has worked perfectly. After getting used to it,
I have had great luck sewing everything from 1.1 oz silicone fabric to more
than six layers of webbing. The cost was around $2,500. Since I knew that I
was going to build more than one balloon and use it quite a bit in the
future, I thought is was a worth while investment.

Marc Weniger
Lake Arrowhead, CA