[balloon-makers] Value of 112w140(Bob)

Bob LeDoux bobledoux at proaxis.com
Fri Feb 1 18:33:53 CST 2002

Either a rubber or fabric belt will run about $35.  Japanese hook
assemblies are about $90 each.  The bobbin carrier rides in a groove and
can wear if a drop of oil isn't occasionly added to the assembly.  Some
high volume shops don't do this.  Two bevel gears drive each hook assembly.
They cost over $100 a pair.  Don't let the head fall over.  If you break
off the thread takeup lever, you can be out $250.  Parts are expensive, but
available. Some repair shops can provide used parts at reduced price.
Tennesee Attachments is a good supply and parts company--especially for
those who feel a need for a seam folder.