[balloon-makers] Translation: Construction d'une enveloppe

Tom Deering hot-air at deering.org
Tue Feb 5 14:37:05 CST 2002

I translated this message so I could read it myself, then figured I'd
post it for everyone else.  Philippe, please forgive me, but I can't
tell if Fabien is a boy or a girl.  :^\

---

A new hot-air balloon is being constructed in the Loire valley,
France. The project is being carried out by Fabien Bonsergent, a
young pilot from Angers.  Having taken an active part in the
construction of my balloon in 2001, this pilot has decided to make
his/her own envelope.

A model maker since childhood, Fabien is not new to the building of
flying machines.  The volume of the envelope is 78,000 cu. ft. with
12 gores of polyester.  He/she plans to start sewing soon.  The first
flight is planned for spring.  Let's all wish him/her good luck.

The first photographs are on
<http://www.cieldeloire.com/fabien/construction.html>

philippe.lusley at wanadoo.fr (mangled by Tom Deering)
http://www.DynaFly.com