[balloon-makers] Appendages

Micki Killingsworth micki at balloonrepair.com
Wed Feb 6 18:59:02 CST 2002

Hey Bob - no one else seems to want to tackle this issue, so I will do my
best to address it. To annual an English balloon in the US (special shape
or not), you must be a BBAC inspector. There are different rules to these
inspections, and one seems to be that they require an inflation instead of
a gore-by-gore, which is what we in the US are used to. I'm sure David
Barker can give us the details on such annuals.

Point being that all English balloons can be annualled in a proper fashion
if they are taken to the proper place - one that is willing to pay the BBAC
fees, go to the UK for the *now* required updates, and keep up with the
paperwork.

As an aside to this, if you miss an annual, the BBAC will de-register your
balloon - something they don't do here in the US. :-((

Micki