[balloon-makers] Re: Double needle machines

Jonathan Wolfe wolfe at sky-dyes.com
Wed Feb 6 23:22:55 CST 2002

Definitely a good deal. But I'd say get the 3/8" parts too. You may not
end up using them, but you might. My machine (a 112w140) is also 1/4",
and while it definitely sews a french fell very well, my one dislike is that
when you sew 1" load tape on with it, it ends up feeling funny. Especially
when handling it on the ground, partly inflated, you know, when you grab a
load tape to pull on, both edges of the tape come away from the fabric.
So I think I'll switch over to 3/8" before I build the next one, which I
understand
is relatively simple.
Although, truthfully, for the next balloon I build myself, I hope to be
able to afford
a nice strong modern machine, with such new-fangled features as 'reverse'.   :)

-Jonathan Wolfe, Ph.D.
SkyDyes!
Artistic Adventure - Taking Tiedye Higher
http://www.sky-dyes.com