[balloon-makers] Sewing Machine Leads for the List

Bob LeDoux bobledoux at proaxis.com
Fri Feb 8 19:56:48 CST 2002

The 212 is the newer (1950's) with automatic oiling and a wider variety of
options including reverse needle feed, or not.  The older 112 (early
1940's) is manual oil, with no reverse option, but all were  needle feed.
Both came in varieties of bobbin case size and needle gauges and were setup
for light up to medium-heavy textiles.   When originally purchased, both
112 ands 212 were specificially tailored (no pun intended) for a particular
manufacturing function; they were typically setup for one special function
in a manufacturing production line.

As such, be more careful about getting the features you want when buying
the 212.  You might, for example, find yourself without needle feed.