[balloon-makers] straight lines, round balloon

Gary Meddock gmeddock at email.msn.com
Tue Feb 12 19:29:36 CST 2002

I am moving forward on my project of building a 54k, balloon using an
Aerostar pattern.

The balloon has some artwork design, big bold stuff, no small detail sewing.

One pattern requires lines at a 45% angle, which continues across seam
lines, descending across the lower third of the balloon.

Since each seam line, (the curved ones), meet at a different angle, I'm
wondering how to plan and cut the lines so visually the lines appear
straight?

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary Meddock