[balloon-makers] EAA launches major balloon event in Oshkosh

Tom Deering hot-air at deering.org
Wed Feb 20 09:42:51 CST 2002

Sandy Hixenbaugh just let me know about a balloon event in Oshkosh in
early June this year.  They hope it will be an annual event, of
course.

<http://www.eaa.org/communications/eaanews/pr/020117_balloons.html>htt
p://www.eaa.org/communications/eaanews/pr/020117_balloons.html

Since I associate the name Oshkosh with homebuilt and experimental
fixed wing aircraft, I would hope experimental and homebuilt balloons
will be accepted, but I don't see any specific mention on their web
site.  This is not held the same time as the EAA's big July fly-in.

Tom
---
tmd at deering.org    http://www.deering.org