[balloon-makers] Seams and stitches ( Bob)

Curtis Pack cpackdo at citynet.net
Sat Jan 26 16:39:36 CST 2002

Bob,
This is a simple question which I've wondered about. How do you lock the
seam at the start without a reverse. I have always locked the beginning of a
seam with a reverse at the start. On small  things I have reversed the
material but this would be difficult on a gore. I have always used my
commercial machine which has reverse and the only machine I have sewn
without a reverse is my old  treadle machine ( a mechanical marvel) but only
on small projects. Is there a technique or method to do this ( or is it even
needed all the time)?
Fly safe,