[balloon-makers] thread de-mystified

Micki Killingsworth micki at balloonrepair.com
Tue Jul 2 01:46:02 CDT 2002

I'm wondering if the company you are dealing with has something to do with
the way they want you to order thread (differences is the way they spec
their thread).

As an example, I have used Synthetic Thread out of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
for years. I have always ordered #69 bonded thread for sewing balloons
(white or grey). Using bonded thread nullifies the need for right or left
threaded thread (for the top thread or the bobbins).

#92 was always what I ordered for accessory thread, and I used #18 - #20-
needles to sew accessories (basket covers, tank jackets, etc.).

Micki

-------
"Balloon-makers" is archived at http://www.hombc.org/balloon-makers