[balloon-makers] Fabric Testing Question..

Greg_Winker at Dell.com Greg_Winker at Dell.com
Fri Nov 8 13:46:57 CST 2002

Don -

That's a really good bench mark:  "When you start seeing a lot of mysterious
holes appearing here and there,"

Years ago I had an old homebuilt that started to suffer from that syndrome.
The tear strength along the holes is not very impressive.  It's downright
scary.  But as you say, if you can get it inflated without having it self
destruct, it's probably safe to fly.  Now if you want a margin of safety and
want to avoid product liability lawsuits, you would behave like a
manufacturers and insist on a tear strength of 30 lbs. or more.

Regarding the faux pas, I'm not from Texas, I only live here.

Good Floating!

Greg Winker