[balloon-makers] 21K

Tim Baggett tim at oasis.com
Mon Oct 28 07:43:49 CST 2002

> MOST IMPORTATANT... You will need to check the burner flame for
length......
> as well as the heat Plume....... you can melt the top out of a small
balloon
> with one quick blast... I have seen it done....

I think I saw the same thing that you did Bill, except we saw it from the
top while on a tether. Yeah, certainly the burners either need to be detuned
or the envelope made taller. One never knows when they might get into a
panic on a flight and burn too hard to climb out of a bad situation. This is
where Brian's envelope shape (sphere on cone) has a definite advantage over
the Smalley shape.

Tim