[balloon-makers] home-made burner?

Model Balloons - Kasey Blunist_2004 at ballooningmail.com
Tue Oct 29 16:05:57 CST 2002

Hi Curtis,
Once I am nearly done with the balloon I am about to start,  I am going to build my own burner. I have built and re-built several model balloon burners, all with the blast valve after the coil and just before the jettings. I plan to use this same "technique" on the "full-sized" burner for my 30K (approx) balloon.

I like to use either 1/8" or 1/4" threads, I can't remember which, and compression fittings for the stainless steel tubing.

F.Y.I - To the list.
At ABQ I purchased a 1 gallon stainless steel tank and use it in my model balloon. It works great, but only for larger balloons of about 3000 cuft and larger as it weighs quite a bit (12 lbs). I got it for $75 and has a dip tube for liquid. If any one's interested contact Jay Hawkins on his web at www.rcballoons.com

Thanks
Kasey