[balloon-makers] Tank certification

Keith Sproul ksproul at vger.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 25 05:32:40 CDT 2002

I had a couple of tanks re-certified, this was actually quite easy at
my local repair station..  Cost about $65 each if I remember.  The
main thing they have to do is to replace the safety valve.  There is
a belief that the brass/aluminum interface might corrode after time
and they want to make sure it is okay.  This is not the case on
Stainless tanks.

The other thing is a physical inspection including looking inside the
tank. (They simply take off the fuel level gauge and look in with a
flash light)..

Keith

--
Keith Sproul			Ham Radio WU2Z