[balloon-makers] Re: Introduction

roncassidy at attbi.com roncassidy at attbi.com
Tue Mar 18 13:42:25 CST 2003

Greetings,
  Curtis has offered some very good suggestions on sources of information for
balloon construction. I would add one more source to his list. Before starting
your first build project, I'd purchase a set of envelope plans from Brian
Boland. BTW, you don't have to build a Boland shape balloon to make good use of
the plans. Brian does a fantastic job of describing and illistrating the
details of envelope construction. Additionally, he's got great tips on keeping
your project organized. The plans are well worth the money. Besides, purchasing
a set of plans from Brian also opens the door to his vast knowledge and advice
on balloon construction.
  Don't call Brian or Louise now, they're off to NZ for a few months.
  If anyone has a copy of Brian's book on building a Tyvek balloon, I'd like to
buy a copy.
  Later,
  Ron Cassidy